Saturday, August 31, 2013

Review: The Devil's Tattoo by Nicole R. Taylor



Title: The Devil's Tattoo
Author: Nicole R. Taylor
The Devil's TattooRelease Date: 1st September

Rating: 3 stars

 The Highway to Hell or the Stairway to Heaven?

Zoe Granger picked up her first guitar the day her heart was smashed into a billion pieces. It was a way to keep her mind off her inevitable downward spiral, but music soon became her escape. She's been burned too many times to tell and is just happy to coast through life, never putting herself out there. That's until her best friend Dee suggests they start a band and suddenly she finds herself not just a part of it, but fronting the whole outfit.

They call themselves The Devil's Tattoo and when they release their debut EP, it rockets to the top of the charts and it's like an overnight fairytale. Contracts, photo shoots, royalties and interviews are heaped onto the shy Zoe and it's like she's finally found her place. Then comes the phone call that changes everything. They've been asked to co-headline a tour with one of the hottest bands of the moment, The Stabs and Zoe will never be the same again.

Will Strickland is one fourth of the hottest indie rock band to ever grace the airwaves. He's the bass player in The Stabs, hot as hell and could have his pick of any girl that flings herself at him. But he's only got eyes for Zoe and she has no idea why he'd bother. She's got one hell of a trust issue and an attitude to boot and Will seems to be the one who wants to tame her, but is he game enough?

The Devil's Tattoo and The Stabs go on the road and it's either going to be a highway to hell or a stairway to heaven. Only time will tell who will come out on top and Zoe's determined to do it without getting her heart broken… again







**ARC kindly provided by an author in exchange for honest review **


The Devil’s Tattoo totally surprised me, because in some way is like every other rock star romance story I’ve read, but still has a hint of uniqueness that I really appriciated. As much confused as I was Nicole R Taylor’s book did a great number on me. This unusual Aussie charm made my heart melt and Zoe & Will’s story was totally in Rock’n’Roll style, without being overwhelmed with every stereotype, which is another advantage.

This story is about Zoe, who is really lonely young woman. She has only one friend who believes her no matter what. After what happened with her ex, she build thick walls and stopped trying to really live. The only thing she looked forward was playing her guitar. Fortunately thanks to push from Dee, she becomes lead singer of The Devil’s Tattoo and starts to breathe again.
Will is bassist in another indie band. When he sees Zoe playing he wants her and her band on tour with them. He’s mesmerized by this beautiful woman who’s his siren. Now, he has to coax Zoe in believing she can love again.



"The Walls have gone up, the Walls have closed down
 The Walls that you have built up
 Built up inside you"


I adored Zoe and Will’s juvenile crash, it was so unique as well as at times frustrating, but I could not help myself, and every time Will tried to make a move and started acting like a middle schooler my heart swell and I swooned.



I also loved Zoe and her rocker chick vibe! It was sexy as hell and I pictured her as singer of one of my favorite bands – Halestorm. After that idea popped into my head I couldn’t stop liking her more.

Eh, but unfortunately reading few another cliches in this type of stories made me gritt my teeth. I guess nowadays it really is hard to find new awesome ideas, that will knock my socks off.

Overall, despite minor issue , The Devil’s Tattoo is great read! I loved everything that made this book a little bit different especially Australia setting. It was nice and refreshing to see Aussie music and nice rocker girl with kick ass attidute. I collected this differences like gems. I only can wish they were more of them.


More reviews on my Facebook Page




View all my reviews







0 komentarze:

Post a Comment