Sunday, August 11, 2013

Review: Into The Deep by Samantha Young



Title: Into The Deep 
Author:Samantha Young
Release Date: 9th August 2013

Rating: 3.5 stars


Live young. Live hard. Love deep.

Charley Redford was just an ordinary girl until Jake Caplin moved to her small town in Indiana and convinced her she was extraordinary. Almost from day one Jake pulled Charley into the deep and promised he was right there with her. But when a tragic incident darkened Jake’s life he waded out into the shallows and left Charley behind.

Almost four years later Charley thinks she’s moved on. That is until she takes a study year abroad in Edinburgh and bumps into none other than Jake Caplin at a party with his new girlfriend. The bad-boy-turned-good attempts to convince Charley to forgive him, and as her best friend starts spending time with Jake’s, Charley calls a truce, only to find herself tumbling back into a friendship with him.

As they grow closer, the spark between them flares and begins playing havoc with their lives and relationships. When jealousy and longing rear their destructive heads, Charley and Jake struggle to come to grips with what they mean to one another.

And even if they work it out, there is no guarantee Charley will ever trust Jake to lead her back into the deep…








As thrilling and extraodinary as new release by Samantha Young sounds, Into The Deep is nothing I thought it would be, if I was being blunt I would say it’s a bitter let down. I was expecting mind blownig new adult novel that would stand equally with On Dublin Street or my favorite book by Samantha Young Slumber. Unfortunately I got short but entertaining read, that lacked deeper emotions or uniqueness.

I can’t say Into The Deep is bad read, because I really enjoyed it, I just couldn’t let myself love it all the way. Especially because of the abrupt ending. It was like someone just cut off the rest of the story in usual moment (without making it a cliffhanger) and wrote To be continued. I was like what the hell? Changing stand alone novel into series? And setting release date in 2014? Big no from me. Sigh.




Story follows twenty year old Charley who’s studing abroad in Edinburg with her best friend. Both of them decided to go for a year to Scotland to enjoy living in a forgein country. Unfortunately, Charely hadn’t realize that sometimes past can collide with future. So when she sees the man who broke her heart when she was only seventeen things go a little down hill.

Jake was her first love, the only boy she have ever loved, but she can’t forgive him what he had done to her, she didn’t move on either. Now they’re stuck together in the same University and sharing the same group of friends. Charley will have to face seeing him and his new girlfriend every day.

The best in this book, was Charley, main character. Funny, clever and smart ass mixed with charming attitude and sexiness, she really is the shining star of Young’s novel. From fanatsic Supergirl nickname to a dream of being a cop Charley stole my heart. She's one of the very few girls I have book crush on.

Jake was not bad character either, handsome heartbreaker is always sexy.

Overall, Into The Deep is not bad book, it's enjoyable and sweet, but it lacked of something deeper that could put this book in my favorite shelf. I suppose I my high expectations made this book look poorer in my eyes. Still I would highly recommend this book for a person who is not looking for outstanding book, but a great entertaiment. For those of you that want to read something better I recommend Slumber one of my favorite books by Samantha Young.



1 komentarze:

  1. I was curious about this one. It shot straight up into the top 10 Amazon bestselling NA titles today, I wondered how good it would be. :)

    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete