Thursday, August 1, 2013

Review: I Surrender by Monica James



Title: I Surrender (Surrender #1)
Author: Monica James
Release Date: 30 July
Rating:  5 stars


Singapore has stolen a piece of Ava Thompson.

It took one life shattering moment, for her to realize, her EX is not the man she believed him to be. Returning home to Los Angeles was never going to be easy for Ava. Her heart has been shattered to smithereens and she’s convinced it’ll never heal. Or, so she thought.

Enter Jasper White.

Unbeknown to Ava, Jasper White will change her life forever.

The attraction is instantaneous which troubles Ava, who has sworn off men indefinitely. But, she is finding resisting Jasper, with his tousled bedroom hair and piercing cerulean eyes, harder than she ever imagined. And that’s because Jasper knows what he wants, and he wants Ava.

But, can Ava surrender to her feelings for the one man who compels her to love again? Because, what happens if love does not triumph all? What happens if love isn’t enough?









I am completely astonished and that’s a thing that rarely happens. I’m so into romance novels that there aren’t many things that can leave me speechless or perplexed, but I Surrender just blew my mind. I literally couldn’t stop shaking with emotions after finishing it about 3. a.m. Wow! Monica James just wowed me! Holly shit!



Ava is heartbroken after devastating break up with her boyfriend for 4 years. She loved him so much she left US to go to Singapore with him and now she thinks her heart is shattered into milion tiny pieces, she believes, she’ll never love again. Coming back to country is hard and going back to life before Harper even harder, but Ava never thought she meet someone so enchanting like Jasper.
Jasper is dangerous for her. Sexy, talented and caring, Jasper can make her break her promise to never love again.

I loved Jasper! He easily made it to my Top Ten List of Book Boyfriends. He has a little bit alpha male streak, which I adored. He oozes sex.

In few words chapter 29 has the best scene in the whole world! It’s smokin’!

“Ava this changes everything. What we shared wasn’t just sex, it was epic. You make me feel like a better man. I want to better myself so I am good enough for you.”

I Surrender is emotional roller coaster, filled with amazing romance, sexual tension thick as fog, well built plot and amazing characters that are funny, sweet and caring.

Reading I Surrender was like getting a gift. Sexy cover is like shining paper with big, red bow that screams „unwrap me”. Opening it is like going on a journey into wild woods, because everything is undiscovered and exciting at the same time, but still slightly dangerous. When you unwrap it you see only carton box and like a small child you’re disappointed, but you smile anyway. After one big carton box there is another one but smaller, and so on to the point you’re so frustrated you can’t take it anymore. After few more boxes you see small package in another shining, glittery paper and your heart start to beat faster, after opening it you see something you really wanted to have, which is amazing feeling.

I had similar situation with I Surrender, eye catching cover and great blurb were mine big red bow and colorful paper. But after unwrapping it I was a little bit confused and frustrated by firs events, which made me believe I wouldn’t like it, but after few chapeters I was hooked! I literally couldn’t stop reading.




Ava and Jasper’s story is fanatastic! It’s great mix of everything I love in romance novels. Monica James showed me she’s stunning storyteller, because she can easily capture emotions and create vivid world filled with deep emotions and sexual tension that made me tingle. Scenes between Ava and Jasper are perfectly written, and it’s absolutely amazing blend of physical and mental sides of relationship. It’s unbelieveable how few scenes can turn you on so much you, but still make your heart swell.


"Let it out. I'm here for you. I promise I always will be."

Overall, I Surrender is astounding begining of series that mesmerized me! I highly recommend this story for every fan of beautiful, captivating romances. It’s definitely something I’ll be rereading in near future.

P. S Monica I’ll giveaway my firstborn child to read ARC of Surrender to Me. Just so you know.





0 komentarze:

Post a Comment