Sunday, October 27, 2013

Review: Chasing Serenity by Eden Butler


About The Book:


18513705Title: Chasing Serenity (Seeking Serenity #1)
Author: Eden Butler
Release Date: October 15th
Graduate student Autumn McShane has had her share of heartbreak. She's been abandoned and betrayed and she lost her beloved mother in a tragic car accident five months ago. That loss damaged her body and fractured her spirit but she's learning to recover, until her ex-boyfriend returns to town, intent on making her life miserable.

Declan Fraser hates her ex as much as Autumn does, but the last thing she needs is to put her trust in the hands of another man, especially one like Declan: his hard body and lulling Irish accent makes more than a few girls weak-kneed. The talented rugby player is rude and sarcastic, with tattooed, muscular arms and a cocky attitude, but he's the only one who can help Autumn win an ill-advised bet that, if lost, could cost her more than she's willing to pay. The reluctant alliance between Declan and Autumn stirs up cravings she doesn't want to admit, but Declan is a hard man to resist.

Just when Autumn starts letting down her carefully constructed walls to the sexy bad boy, he betrays her when she needs him most. Autumn suspects Declan has secrets, and she is determined to uncover what drove him away from her, even if that means fraternizing with the enemy. But will the truth return Declan to her arms or add to the scars on her heart?





My Thoughts: 



My rating: 4 of 5 stars




I love you, Today, because you give me peace, you give me a sense of who I am meant to be, because you proved that not every word is a broken promise. And I love you, Tomorrow, because you are limitless, because every thought, every hope I have right now is reflected in you. I can't say I love you too much because my heart is an all-consuming, constantly replenished source of potential. It is full, bursting with hope, with serenity.


image

I really enjoyed reading Chasing Serenity. It was the first book by Eden Butler I’ve read and it certainly won’t be the last. This incredibly funny and wonderful story got me hooked from the beginning and didn’t let me go even for a second. I was instantly drawn to this dynamic, sensual and intense novel about love, courage and never giving up.

image


Autumn McShane never had an easy life. Her past is full of painful memories and lost dreams. When she was only 14 year old her father left her and her mother to fend for themselves. After that her childhood never was the same. Then, eight years later, Autumn lost her mother in terrible car accident, that nearly took her life too. Now, she’s no one else, but her four crazy friends, that love her like family. Add to the mix crazy, possesive ex-bofriend, that seems to not getting that they over, Autumn has a lot on her mind. So, when she gets ‘molested’ by a drunk rugby player with amazing bod and sexy tattoos, her life could have turned more upside down.

Now, she has a lot of things to deal with: finally make her ex understand she’s not the same girl anymore, stop feeling lusting after Declan, win a run, and make amends with her father. That’s a lot to take in.

Declan Fraser is Irish univeristy rugby player with more than few problems. One of them is sexy, red haired beauty with freckles that makes him lose his mind. The other is the fact he lost his mather at early age and had to move across the world, to live in the small town of Cavanaugh.


image

I immensely adored how Butler created her story. From the complex, interesting characters to the phenomenal writing style, author caputred my attention, and easily made me fall in love with her.

I really, really liked the plot. It was full of twist and turns, never predictable and hot as hell! Mixed with fantastic characters, that not only were likeable (with exception of Tucker and Heather) but realistic, sincere and extremely interesting, Chasing Serenity was a winner for me!

image

Declan is amazing hero. His irish brogue, cocky attitude and outstanding passion for rugby made me hot and bothered! Declan is totally unique and wonderful character that needs a standing ovation.

Autumn is fantastic, strong woman, that is very likeable. I instantly connected with her, and kept crossing my fingers, she will get her own HEA.

Overall, Chasing Serenity is a compelling story, that is worth your time. Incredible page turner that left me completely satisfied, relaxed and begging for more.






View all my reviews

0 komentarze:

Post a Comment