Thursday, October 24, 2013

Review: Bold Tricks by Karina Halle



About The Book:



17284874Title: Bold Tricks (The Artist Trilogy #3)
Author: Karina Halle
Release Date: 15th October 


With more lives at stake and games in motion, Ellie, Camden and Javier form an uneasy alliance that will take them from the treacherous streets of inner-city Mexico to the wilds of the Honduran jungles in order to find their freedom. But with liberty just on the horizon, the cost might come at their own redemption.


















My Thoughts: 



My rating: 3 of 5 stars



*Contains minor spoilers of previous books *

image


After reading breath taking, emotional roller coaster, that Halle released in the beginning of the year, I fell in love with her writing and entincing storytelling. Her stories are simply wonderful mix of suspense and romance, but as much as I adored Sins & Needles and loved Ellie and Camden in the first installemnt of The Artist Trilogy, Shooting Scars was only good, Bold Tricks just… okay.

Somewhere along I started to lose my love for Ellie. From time to time I couldn’t handle her foolishness and jumping from Camden to Javier… made me sick. My hate for love triangles and undecided girls reared it’s ugly head. Silly Ellie started to piss me off. In Shooting Scars her actions stabbed me in the heart and killed my fascination and adoration toward her. I ached for Camden so much then. My heart broke for him more times that I could count.

image


I have no idea how to describe my feelings and review Bold Trick without giving away spoilers. It’s impossible task.

I think, somewhere deep down I knew that no matter what will happen in Bold Tricks, I won’t be satisfied. My love for Ellie and this series went away when she fucked Javier in Shooting Scars. So this ship was long gone. Despite that I had to know how it’ll end. I desperately needed Camden to have his HEA. He deserved it.

Unoftunately, my love for Camden wasn’t enough to swallow bitter taste I felt toward Ellie. I just can’t take anymore love triangles and cheating. It’s such a turn off for me!

I closed my eyes on this aspect in Shooting Scars. I really did. It pissed me off immensely, but I tried to rationalize with myslef, but in Bold Tricks, when I saw how Ellie acted toward Camden, I couldn’t stop thinking about it.

Camden as always melted my heart, mixed with strong fast paced and action packed plot as well as dangerous events, it was enough to not get me bored. Halle blew my mind with amazing, steamy sex scenes and great dose of dirty talking. Like always Halle threw some great jokes and fantastic sense of humor. Few times I stopped to read some sentences again. They were hidden little gems of brillaince that I cherished.

image


Overall, Bold Tricks is a great conclusion to the series. Every aspect was nicely closed and every question was answered. Why only three star rating then? The story lost me somewhere in Shooting Scars, because of Ellie’s behavior. There was literally nothing that could’ve been done to redeem her in my eyes.







View all my reviews

0 komentarze:

Post a Comment