Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Review: Worth The Fight by Vi Keeland


About The Book:

18080889Title: Worth The Fight
Author: Vi Keeland
Release Date: October 3rd

It didn’t matter that the ref called it a clean hit. Nico Hunter would never be the same.

Elle has a good life. A job she loves, a great apartment, and the guy she’s been dating for more than two years is a catch and a half. But it’s boring…and she strives to keep it that way. Too many emotions are dangerous. Her own past is living proof of what can happen when you lose control.

Then Nico walks into Elle’s office and everything changes…for both of them. But what can the tattooed, hard-bodied MMA fighter and the beautiful and always steady attorney have in common? A lot more than they bargained for.

***Author's note*** THIS IS A STAND-ALONE NOVEL. Due to strong language and sexual content, this book is not intended for readers under the age of 18. 



My Thoughts:




My rating: 2 of 5 stars





Being a great fan of alpha males with troubled past, especially when it’s mixed with symbols of musculine power - like physical strenght and seeing friends that swooned over the mistique and sexy persona called Nicholas Hunter ‘The Lady Killer’, I had to meet him. Period.

Despite the fact I had a nagging feeling in the back of my mind, that my high expectations can be easily crushed, I just couldn’t stand being left out. Not when everyone gushed and talked about how fantastic Worth The Fight is. I’ve done the worst mistake I could have by comparing it to Real by Kate Evans, which I devoured. Add to the mix my high expectations and Worth The Fight didn’t have a chance for meeting my softer side.
NICO & ELLE

image

So, I picked my big girl’s panties, crossed my fingers and started to read. I anticipated meeting Nico, slowly idealizing his character, based on every review I’ve read, but when the time came, I was like Damn, this is it? .

Okay, so he was hot – tall, ripped and all this jazz. Color me surprised. Have we read a book with not so sexy hero? Nope. But being good looking and a MMA fighter doesn’t make a man alpha or even alluring. It’s the actions that count.

Unfortunately, Nico started looking in my eyes like a cheap copy of Remy. Duh. And the worst thing is, that when I was reading Real the couple didn’t have sex almost to the end of the book and I was like a firecracker ready to explode from sexual tension. In Worth The Fight sex didn’t do anything to me. Anything.

There was no dirty talking, no explosive looks or secretive touch, which basicaly means no foreplay. Spread legs – insert penis – have orgasm style is not appealing or a turn on. It’s dull. Boring. I want and expect off the chart, explosive chemistry and sex so hot it burns while reading romance stories.

image

The plot wasn’t very exciting, but I guess I can’t really bitch about it much. It was based on usual insta lust/love and a had a backstory, that was too clear and the secrets have gone out to easily. I am not exactly sure what’d driven this story forward.

Reasuming, while I was disappointed in creation of Nico, it did not make me hate this book much. It shoved it into ‘meh’ category, where it’ll quickly be forgotten.




View all my reviews

0 komentarze:

Post a Comment