Thursday, October 3, 2013

Review: Tattoo Thief by Heidi Joy Tretheway


About The Book:

 

18213585Title: Tattoo Thief
Author: Heidi Joy Tretheway
Release Date: 8th October


22-year-old Beryl doesn't know why Gavin Slater trashed his penthouse, abandoned his dog and fled the country. But as his house sitter, she must pick up the pieces for the front man of the white-hot rock band Tattoo Thief.

When ultra-responsible Beryl confronts the reckless rock star, she wants to know more than just what to do with his mess. Why is he running? What’s he searching for? And is he responsible for the death of his muse?

New York newbie Beryl must find her footing in Gavin’s crazy world of the ultra-wealthy to discover her own direction and what can bring him back.

Steamy, sassy and tender, Tattoo Thief is a story of breaking from a comfort zone to find a second chance.




My Thoughts: 


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
"Bad boy can’t break your heart"
"What song’s that from?"
"Nothing. It’s just a good rule to live by"



Tattoo Thief was exactly what I needed to read. I was looking for something that could make me grin, swoon and tingle, and thanks to his wonderful book I acomplished it. I had a blast reading this quirky, fast paced book with totally unique rock star romance. I was quickly captivated and couldn’t stop reading till I’ve finished and when I did, I immadiately wished for more. I was captured by this amazingly well written story and sweet romance, every girl dreams of.

As a big fan of rock star’s stories, I’ve read almost everything there is in this category, but fortuantely Tattoo Thief completely surprised me with really refreshing plot and I can honestly say that I haven’t read a book like that ever.


The story follows Beryl, a young woman that is completely stuck in small town, living with her mother and with college degree that is totally useless. One day when she’s working in the coffee shop, her uncle Dan comes in. A man she hadn’t seen in ten years. When he propositiones her working with him in New York City, Beryl knows that this is her only chance to un-stuck herself.

Now, Beryl is working as a house sitter for the richest families in NYC. She takes care of houses, plants, pets and bills. Her first job is sitting Gavin Slater’s apartment. Lead singer of Tattoo Thief and apparently the sexiest man on the earth. When she starts exchanging emails with Gavin in connection with her job and his dog Jasper, her crush on this rock star only grows.


After few chats with Gavin, Beryl knows he’s broken and full of guilt, and that he’s stuck the same she was. Now every powerful conversation and honest words, hurt them the same way, they heal.



I loved every minute of Tattoo Thief, because it’s really sensual and moving read as much as pure entertaiment. Great plot is mixed with writing style that is absolutely beautiful, light and full of humor, yet passionate and easy to follow with great flashes of briliance and sensitivity made me immensely enjoy Trethaway’s book.



I loved Beryl personality. She was strong, witty and extremely adventerous. There was no unnecessary whining or crying, which made her very likeable and I can’t say anything wrong about her. She and Gavin were exact opposites and equals and together they just shattered my heart.

Trethaway’s way of telling a story is fantastic. Everything in Tattoo Thief is real and sincere. Every page is filled with enaging story about facing obstacles and letting go of things that cannot be changed.

Overall, this book is PHENOMENAL READ. Pure sexiness and touching story with unique, likeable characters and greatly pictured New York City .

* ARC, courtesy of author, Heidi Joy Trethaway, in exchange for honest review *






View all my reviews

0 komentarze:

Post a Comment