Friday, October 25, 2013

Review: Surrender To Me by Monica James.



About The Book:


18276511Title: Surrender To Me (I Surrender #2)
Author: Monica James
Release Date: 21st October


Ava Thompson left the love of her life, Jasper White, to unearth her destiny. Even though the decision was the toughest of her life, it was the only way for Ava to grow into the woman she’s always wanted to become.

Sadly, that destiny has led her back to the place that broke her.

Singapore.

And more importantly, it has led her back to the man who broke her.

Harper.

But Ava is no longer the scared, lost girl she once was. Ava is stronger, and she will not allow her past, taint her future.

Six months later, Ava travels back to Los Angeles for an event that embraces the true meaning of love. Sadly for Ava, her meaning of true love has been lost.

And that’s because of one life changing event that has altered her life forever.

Los Angeles is not how Ava left it. Things have changed. People have changed. She has changed. But what has remained untouched is her passionate love for Jasper White.

But does Jasper feel the same?







My Thoughts: 


My rating: 4 of 5 stars




Story of Ava and Jasper captivated me from the beginning. Incredibly sexy, romantic and passionate, I Surrender, first installment in Monica James’ Trilogy was fantastic read, and I sincerely couldn’t wait to get more of it. So imagine my giddiness when I finally dove into Surrender To Me. Full of hope, guesses and through constant fan girling I locked myself in my room and started to dream, er… read about me and Jasper Ava and Jasper.

Yet, my anticipation didn’t get me totally ready for this roller coaster of crazy feelings, Monica James has driven me into. I was speechless, I was angry, I swooned, I was turn on, and yet again I was pissed off. There wasn’t a moment I didn’t feel or think anything. Surrender to Me swallowed me whole.

image

Six months have passed since Ava took off to Singapore. Things have dramatically changed as well as she. The Ava I met in I Surrender vanished. Now she’s heartbroken and vunarable. She’s still in love with the man that rocked her world and then… nothing was ever the same again.

Now, she’s coming back to Los Angeles for Veronica’s wedding. Happy for her friend and scared for what the future will bring for her, Ava is nervous. Fear of seeing Jasper again is a constant reminder of what she lost and stabs her heart every time sexy POE singer is near her.

Can they work on their issues to celebrate their best friends wedding? Can they let go of pain, hate and love for each other?


image

I love, love Jasper. He’s the man of my heart. Surrender To Me was his show. He rocked it! Amazing man. Sigh. I fell for him even harder this time. The things he’s said…. I’m still shivering when I think of them.




“You’ve ruined me for anyone else, so you’re stuck with me.” ~ Jasper

“You run away from me again, and I promise you, I will find you. I will chase you down and I won’t stop until you’re mine.” ~ Jasper



image

But as much as I adored him, my fondness of Ava ended. She really pissed me off so many times with her childish behavior, I thought I couldn’t handle her more. She was so frustraiting. I really hope she will pick up her big girl panties and use her brain few times more. Her naivety and recklessness rubbed me the wrong way.

image

Besides that, I enjoyed reading Surrender To Me. It was nice follow up to first installment of I Surrender Trilogy. Sensual, passionate and full of swoon worthy moments read that definitely was worth my time.




“I want you, Ava. Just you. Please trust me.” ~ Jasper









View all my reviews

0 komentarze:

Post a Comment