Thursday, October 31, 2013

Review: Seven Years by Dannika Dark


About The Book:


18369100
Title: Seven Years
Author: Dannika Dark
Release Date: October 22nd

Seven years ago, my world ended.
Seven years later, my new life began.

It's been seven years since Lexi Knight lost her brother in a tragic accident. On the anniversary of his death, her brother's best friend shows up unexpectedly - a man she hasn't seen since the funeral. He is no longer the boy Lexi once knew, but a dangerous-looking man with tattoos and dark secrets. He broke her trust and abandoned her family, yet what he reveals makes it impossible to stay angry. Lexi has been secretly infatuated with Austin since childhood, so finding out he's a Shifter just makes him sexier. Dammit.

Austin Cole has returned to the city where he grew up, and just in time. He's lived a hard life these past seven years, and the shadows of his past are threatening to destroy Lexi's family. It's time that she learned the truth about her brother, but there is a shocking twist that Austin never saw coming. Now he must protect her family when her mother and sister wind up in mortal danger. Will Lexi learn to accept the truth about who he is, and can Austin salvage a relationship from the ruins of their past?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seven Years is a light paranormal romance
Love story (not erotica)
Cliffhanger-free
Mature content 17+
HEA
Part 1 of a series

What if Shifters really did exist, living in secret among humans?



My Thoughts:



My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Seven Years was really good read. I had a blast reading this fast paced, exceptionally sexy mix of urban fantasy with second chance romance story. It definitely was a winner for me! Dannika Dark surprised me with enaging start to incredible series. I think it made me fall in love with urban fantasy all over again.

image

Story follows twenty-seven year old Lexi Knight. She’s your normal, average woman. She works in candy shop, have a douchbag ex boyfriend and dead brother, that was everything to her. When he died in tragic accident few years ago, her life slowly fell apart. Not only did she lost her brother but also his best friend, Austin, she loved from the age of five. Austin run away after the funeral and didn’t come back to visit in seven years.

So when she sees him after all this years, her stupid heart can’t stop beating faster. Austin has a lot to explain to her, and when he finally tells her the truth, it’s not exactly what she thought it would be. Well, she definitely didn’t expect him to tell her his a shifter.

image

I adored Austin. He was wonderful love interest and a fantastic mix of rugh alpha male, with sweet, gentle, loveable man. Not normal controlling and demanding douche, but the swoon worthy, girlie parts tingling version of alpha. Perfect. And the tattoos, bad boy vibe, being a shifter was a totall turn on. And he is dirty talker. Swoon!

Lexi and Austin relationship was fifty shades of hot! There is nothing better than reading a scene that doesn’t exactly involve sex, but sensual foreplay that leaves you all fucked over. Sometimes, I have more fun reading ‘not sex’ scenes like that. And in Seven Years, Dannika Dark, created some really steamy, off-the-charts hot erotic snippets, that left me begging for more. So freaking arousing!

image



"When I stepped back, I plucked one of the candies from the cluster and ripped away the wrapper with my teeth. Immediately, I sucked on it and then held out my tongue, spinning the candy in circles.

Austin’s eyes were following every movement as he watched the whole affair. His lips parted as he eyed my mouth. “Keep doing that,” he said in a hoarse whisper.
Then he shocked the hell out of me when he leaned down and licked the other side. I felt his tongue slide against mine and I froze. Then he did it again, only this time more slowly until he pulled the candy away and began sucking on my candy-coated tongue as he cupped my face in his warm hands.
The tingles were roaring.

Suckers fell to the floor with a whack! My right leg wrapped around his waist as he lifted me up by my thighs.

The kiss was deep, wet, and salacious. My chin burned from how rough he was with his whiskers as we angled our heads to the left, then the right, and nibbled each other’s lips while discovering our groove. That comfortable groove you get into once you learn someone through their kiss—their moves, their rhythm, the intensity of how they use their tongue, even where on your mouth they linger during the kiss. Upper lip, lower lip, left side kisser, or all over the place."


image

This scene will be literally burned in my mind forever. I’m still tingling, while thinking about it.

Overall, Seven Years is enticing, sexy and beautifully written story. I adored almost every aspect of this book, because it’s fast paced, realistic and so, so hot!. This intense and evocative romance is awsome read for every fan of alpha wolves, second chance romance stories and steam junkies.





View all my reviews

0 komentarze:

Post a Comment