Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Early Review: Beautiful Rose by Missy Johnson


About The Book:



18072198Title: Beautiful Rose
Author: Missy Johnson
Release Date: 24th October

Jack Falcon is a new man. Three years after he left his life behind in London, Jack finally feels settled. He’s surrounded with everything that is important to him; a great relationship with his brother, Alex, a bar he is about to re-open, and most importantly, he has control of his life and his dreams. He knows he can’t undo the wrongs of his past, but he sure as hell can determine his future. He has worked hard to move forward and nothing is going to undo that.

Until he meets Rose.
Rose Wilson has never felt normal. Since she was a child, Rose has felt nothing but the overwhelming desire to end her life and she has no idea why. We live to die, so what’s the point in living? Rose has pushed the limits in the past, and pushed people away. She can’t figure out why Jack and Alex are so insistent on helping her. Twelve years of therapy has failed to help her, so why should they be any different?
Jack sees just how beautiful and important Rose is, but convincing her of that means putting his heart on the line, something he isn’t sure he can do. He can’t deny his feeling for Rose, but that doesn’t mean he has to act on them. And Jack isn’t the only one developing feelings for Rose.

Before Rose, Jack vowed he would never let himself fall in love again.

Before Rose, he had control.

But sometimes, it’s losing control that makes you really see what’s really important in your life.


*Before reading Beautiful Rose read Seduce, prequel. *









My Thoughts: 



3.5 stars


contains minor spoilers of Seduce (Beautiful Rose Prequel)

Beautiful Rose is a continuation of Jack Falcon’s story. Story that few months ago blew my mind and totally mesmerized me with unique plot as well as unbelievable ending, that broke my heart into tiny little pieces. Still, I loved Seduce very much and it become one of my favorite reads this summer.

JACK & ROSE

image

Now, in Beautiful Rose, Jack is trying to put his life back together. After tragic ending of his relationship with Belle, Jack is only a shell of a man he once was. The cocky playboy with great sense of humor vanished. There still are some parts of his old self, but they aren’t as brilliant or hilarious they once were. I missed that. Very much.

Honestly, I think it was what made him so unique and funny character. And as much as I understand why he changed and ‘grew up’, I missed his creative inner dialogues that cracked me up. From time to time, Jack threw a little ‘gem’ and I was grinning like an idiot. How bad it didn’t happen more often.

Anyway, back to the plot, three years has passed and Jack lives in USA with his brother Alex (I have incredibly big crush on him, by the way). He even bought a bar. So despite the fact that things are looking good, it’s only on the outside. Inside he still feels guilty and thinks about Belle every day.

Because of his brother, Jack meets Rose in mental hospital, where Alex works. She desperately needs a job, so he gives it to her. He instantly feels some kind of attraction toward her. But Rose has a lot of issues and when they are mixed with Jack’s it only calls for a pretty big disaster.

image

Together they have to sort their shit out and finally be able to give themselves a chance in love, life and forgiveness.




You’re who I think of when I close my eyes,
It’s only you I see
You’re the light in my otherwise dark world,
It’s with you I want to be.



image

Beautiful Rose is a novel about second chances. It’s a story about redeeming yourself and finally being able to spread your wings and fly, without looking behind.

I enjoyed reading Beautiful Rose, but sadly it’s not Seduce. There was something lacking, something that made me devour Jack’s romance with Belle, but wasn’t in Beautiful Rose.

While, twenty five year old Jack is a playboy and hilarious firecracker, twenty eight Jack is tortured hero, that I’ve had enough of. As I mentioned earlier, I missed my sexy, cocky man whore… I also was surprised by only mild steam level. Previously, Jack’s encounters were filled with great, hot sex and funny thoughts about it. Here? Not so much.

Overall, I was disappointed by insta love feeling that was going on between Jack and Rose. But despite this I really liked romance between them. It was intense, filled with angst and suspenful. I also had a blast while meeting Jack’s new friends and his brother, Alex.

*ARC, courtesy of an author, Missy Johnson in exchange for honest review *





View all my reviews

0 komentarze:

Post a Comment