Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Patrycja's Review: Mud Vein by Tarryn Fisher



Title: Mud Vein
Series: Standalone
Author: Tarryn Fisher
Release Date: 6th April, 2014
Rating: 1 stars
Cliffhanger:. No

When reclusive novelist Senna Richards wakes up on her thirty-third birthday, everything has changed. Caged behind an electrical fence, locked in a house in the middle of the snow, Senna is left to decode the clues to find out why she was taken. If she wants her freedom, she has to take a close look at her past. But, her past has a heartbeat…and her kidnapper is nowhere to be found. With her survival hanging by a thread, Senna soon realizes this is a game. A dangerous one. Only the truth can set her free.




I have no idea how to properly review this book without giving away huge spoilers; it’s almost impossible to do so. But as I want to explain step by step what made me hate Tarryn Fisher’s novel I will divide my review .First part of it will be short and to the point and you can read it without worrying about reading spoilers. Second one will be complex explanation and will contain spoilers. So you can decide if you want to still read it and see what this mind fuck was all about.
5 stages of BOOK DENIAL


FIRST PART OF REVIEW. 
Reading Mud Vein was a challenge. One, that did not end on a positive note for me– not only was I completely astounded by how incredibly idiotic the plot seemed, I hated the characters also. Everything was so unrealistic and naïve and unlikely to happen I WANTED TO DIE. But I will get there.

Anyway, I was very excited to finally dive into Fisher’s book. I haven’t read her other series, because I am not a fan of love triangles etc. but hearing many awesome things about her writing style I knew I had to read her other books. So being exceptionally giddy and full of hope I cracked this story open… and… and… I felt thoroughly fucked, but not in pleasant way.

I have never in my entire life read a book I haven’t understood. I’ve read many stupid, dumb books, I’ve read books I hated, books terribly written, but I have never ever did not get what it was about, and here I just didn’t get the message. If someone would ask me what was the point of writing Mud Vein or what kind of story it is, I wouldn’t be able to answer this questions. I honestly don’t know. I feel like the dumbest chick, but seriously if there is a person who could explain this book to me, I would love to hear it.

On the other hand, I have to underline that I found Tarryn Fisher's writing spellbinding. She's very talented author and some of the things she wrote gave me goosebumbs. I can understand her need to explore darker corners of minds. Big plus for that as I appriciate uniqueness and honesty. Sadly, it just didn't work for me. 
And I wish it did.

description

SECOND PART – SPOILERS!!! SERIOUS ONES!!!

Please don't read further if you don't want to know how the book ended.

Okay, let’s get this ball rolling.

Senna is a captive along with Isaac in a closed house, somewhere in the middle of nowhere. They can’t leave the building at all, but have everything what is need to stay alive (food, clothes, water, warmth etc.) They don’t know why and what’s the point of it. So they wait for their captor to make himself/herself known. It doesn’t happen. They are closed for weeks.

Why Mud Vein is a MIND FUCK?

- Isaac has a wife and expects baby but still sleeps with Senna (I know, horrible, but nothing we haven’t seen before, right?)
- Senna was raped few years before her kidnapping, and then she found out she had a breast cancer (almost the same day)
- Senna went a little bit crazy
- The captive thing was a psychological experiment her psychiatrist arranged, you know cause she’s a little sick too
- Senna’s cancer spread while being captivated for months
- Senna died (I came to this conclusion as the book ends with Goodbye letter)
- Oh and yeah, Isaac declared his undying love

I have no more words. Seriously. NEEEEXT

TAADAAAM!

Yes, this is Mud Vein in nutshell. Shocked? Yeah me too. Dumbfounded? High five me. Don’t know what this book is about? Welcome in the freakin’ club.

I can understand if other people will call Mud Vein exceptional mind game that throws the reader of the loop and gave this book five stars. I won't agree with it, but I can see the appeal.

I won't say don't go for it, don't read it, because well that could really be bad if you passed it and enjoy dark and gritty and mysterious. I wasn't smart enough to get the message of Mud Vein, but you definitely CAN!



FOLLOW SMOKIN HOT BOOK BLOG ON:

TwitterFacebookGoogle PlusSmokin Hot Book BlogEmailGoodreadsPinterest






0 komentarze:

Post a Comment