Friday, April 25, 2014

Eliza's Review: Monster in His Eyes by J M Darhower


21956060



Title: Monster in His Eyes
Series: Yes
Author: J.M. Darhower
Release Date: 28th April, 2014
Rating: 3.5 "Beautiful Monster" stars


Ignazio Vitale is not a good man.

I suspect it, the first time I see him, sense the air of danger that surrounds the man. He has a way of commanding attention, of taking control, of knowing what I'm thinking before I even do.


It's alarming and alluring. It's dark and deadly. It's everything I've ever wanted but the last thing I truly need. Obsession.



It doesn't take him long to draw me into his web, charming me into his bed and trapping me in his life, a life I know nothing about until it's too late. He has secrets, secrets I can't fathom, secrets that make it so I can't walk away, no matter how much I beg him to let me go. I see it sometimes in his eyes, a darkness that's both terrifying and thrilling. He's a monster, wrapped up in a pretty package, and what I find when I unmask him changes everything.



I want to hate him.

Sometimes, I do.

But it doesn't stop me from loving him, too.


It's difficult as a reader to not to have high expectations when you read a blurb that grabs you. It's also difficult to review without giving too much away.



Karissa is a 18 year old undergraduate student, her close relationships extend as far as her overbearing mother and best friend/roommate Melody. After moving around a lot with her mother in her earlier years she hopes to establish her identity and independence by attending school in New York. It's here that she initially meets Ignazio Vitale, Naz. Thirty seven year old "freelancer" Naz remains much of a mystery throughout the book, only in later stages do we start to see glimpses into his past.




The relationship between himself and Karissa was I felt was like watching a moth gravitate towards the flame. He was mysterious, romantic, intense, honest sometimes verging on brutal; an unforgiving predator and she, his Beauty, his innocent.




I enjoyed reading this for several reasons, it had romance, passion,suspense, a dark element and it also kept me guessing and doing a few goldfish impressions. In essence however part of me felt that it was more of introductory story. I found myself waiting, waiting for the darkness, we caught glimpses of the Monster but never saw him fully unleashed.




The writing is done so very well, it's atmospheric - I felt the tension, the chills and am so much looking forward to seeing where it goes from here.




In the words of Melody:

"So I'll just chill, till the next episode".



***ARC kindly provided by author for an honest review***


FOLLOW SMOKIN HOT BOOK BLOG ON:

TwitterFacebookGoogle PlusSmokin Hot Book BlogEmailPinterest








0 komentarze:

Post a Comment