Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Patrycja's Review: Hard Time by Cara McKenna




19091520


Title: Hard Time
Series: No
Author: Cara McKenna
Release Date: April, 2014
Rating: 3. 5 stars
Cliffhanger:. No

In this all-new novel from the author of Unbound, a woman with a rocky past finds romance in the last place she’d ever expect...

Annie Goodhouse doesn’t need to be warned about bad boys; good sense and an abusive ex have given her plenty of reasons to play it safe. But when she steps into her new role as outreach librarian for Cousins Correctional Facility, no amount of good sense can keep her mind—or eyes—off inmate Eric Collier. 

Eric doesn’t claim to be innocent of the crime that landed him in prison. In fact, he’d do it again if that’s what it took to keep his family safe. Loyalty and force are what he knows. But meeting Annie makes him want to know more. 

When Eric begins courting Annie through letters, they embark on a reckless, secret romance—a forbidden fantasy that neither imagines could ever be real…until early parole for Eric changes everything, and forces them both to face a past they can’t forget, and a desire they can’t deny.



Hard Time is definitely interesting, entertaining smokin’ hot read. Unique concept, complex characters and very well written love letters, that made me tingle more than few times, were superb!


From the first page I liked the main heroine - Annie and found her adorable young woman, that I could relate too. I also instantly felt drawn like a moth to the flame toward Eric, the sexy convict. He made my pulse race and my ovaries crazy. Who would have thought a prisoner can move a woman like that?




Hard Time completely bewitched me with its love letters. I did find them more sensual and definitely more arousing than the real intimate moments between Eric and Annie. What they’ve both written on the paper was so sexy I needed a cold shower or few after reading. The letters were so beautiful! They were intense, sensual and so, so romantic. My inner cheesy hopeless romantic self was like aww…. All the time. I swooned and swooned and swooned.



'Darling, I missed you since your last visit. A few minutes a week with you is almost more cruel than it’s worth.
I miss you every minute we’re apart. And I watch the clock every morning when I think I might be seeing you again.'


What I would give away to get at least one letter like this in my life! Maybe not from a man that is actually in prison, but still, the idea of someone pouring himself into a piece of paper just for me, made my heart beat faster.

‘I think about kissing you like I said. Real deep and slow with our eyes closed. Maybe feel your hands on my chest or my back. As I hold your face or hair. As I got to see if you taste like sugar to match how you sound.’ 


I preferred first part of the book a lot of more than the second, when the letters have ended.


As I have had a real problem with actual sex. The constant talking they did while making love like ‘I want what you want’ was not very sexy for me but confusing. Eric and Annie brought dirty talk on completely another level. I had a feeling they could talk the orgasm out. It was very distracting for me, because I wanted more physical description.





I was also pretty disappointed with the ending, it was abrupt and not very realistic end for Annie and Eric's story. I definitely needed more drama and angst. I felt like the book lacked a chapter or two and my first reaction was that someone messed with my copy. Yes, I was that angry!




Overall, Cara Mckenna’s done absolutely enthralling job, her story was just hot, hot, hot and very original. I will definitely read more by this author :)






0 komentarze:

Post a Comment