Monday, April 28, 2014

Patrycja's Review: Bender by Stacy Borel



21971980


Title: Bender
Series: The Core Four #1
Author: Stacy Borel
Release Date: April 20, 2014
Rating: 4.25 stars
Cliffhanger:. No
All Keegan wanted was a roommate who was quiet, minded their own business, and paid for part of the rent. Instead, she got Camden Brooks. 

Camden, with his sinful body, sharp tongue, and the inability to stay out of Keegan’s personal space, couldn’t seem to curb his interest in the new girl who wouldn’t put up with his domineering ways.

Feelings were running rampant, sexual tension was thick, and both were struggling to let go of control. 

To some people, getting a roommate simply meant living with another person. But to both Camden and Keegan it was a curveball that neither was prepared to swing at. 


Bender is my first time reading Stacy Borel’s work. Before starting it, I didn’t know what to expect. Frankly, I had no real idea what this story is about, but I decided to go for it. Being absolute cover whore, I was immediately in lust with this panty dropping guy in the middle of this one, so I totally had to read this. And I’m not regretting doing so! I had so much fun. I laughed, I swooned, I needed to fan myself with my ereader a couple of times, and yes I was frustrated and heartbroken, but overall, the positive aspects of this novel won me over.


This story is about twenty year old Keegan. She’s going to college to become a nurse, but she’s having hard time studying and focusing on her life, because she has to act like a parent toward her eight year old sister. She’s tired of constantly taking care of her sister and house, while her mother leads very ‘social’ life and takes no responsibility over her daughter. That’s why Keegan decides that it’s time to show her mother she has to act like an adult and suck it up. She moves out of her home to live with very broody, sexy gym owner, Camden. He’s dominant alpha male, that doesn’t take any bullshit.

The book gets very interesting and steamy as the characters grow closer. Especially because they share of the charts sexual chemistry but are too busy with fighting, name calling and teasing each other to realize they want more. This two nemesis, living under the same roof are ready to burn the house down to get what they want.



Bender is a book a reader either completely loves or hates. Why? Because as much as the plot was very dynamic and sexy, and the hero awesome, the heroine could be over the top and frustrating. She can ruin the story for most of the readers. Yes I confess, Keegan was very irritating, especially because of her insecurities… Almost every few pages, she mentioned how fat she was… She felt very unconfident about her curvy body. For many of the readers it can be a deal breaker… For me, fortunately it was something I could overlook, as I am trying to not to be hypocrite and judge her badly because I too am not exactly comfortable in my own skin. So I closed my eyes on that one.

On the other hand, even though Keegan could act immature and be serious pain the ass, she has had her moments. Her stubbornness was funny and adorable and I loved how crazy she acted while being next to Camden.



So maybe the heroine wasn’t the best, but the hero was one of the best yummy alpha male I’ve read about in quite some time. I instantly fell in love with Camden. He was awesome! So sexy, broody and god he knew how to win an argument. The banter between Camden and Keegan was amazing! So freaking hot and funny, I was grinning like an idiot for most of the book! I also liked Camden’s brothers. I definitely can’t wait to read their stories! I hope they would be awesome.

Summing up, I loved this story. The sexual chemistry was PERFECT. The sex AMAZINGLY HOT. The love/hate relationship Camden and Keegan had going on absolutely mesmerizing and funny. I recommend this book for those of you that can enjoy book even though heroine is annoying. But I promise, the hero is worth putting up with Keegan’s silly actions.


FOLLOW SMOKIN HOT BOOK BLOG ON:

TwitterFacebookGoogle PlusSmokin Hot Book BlogEmailGoodreadsPinterest




0 komentarze:

Post a Comment