Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Christie's Review: Worth Forgiving by Vi Keeland

18742801




Title: Worth Forgiving
Series: MMA Fighters #3
Author: Vi Keeland
Release Date: August 21, 2014
Rating: 3.5 stars
Cliffhanger: No

They say men like a lady in the living room and a whore in the bedroom. I never knew the sentiment was reciprocal. Until I met Jax Knight. A gentleman in public, a commanding, dirty talking rogue in the bedroom.

Daughter of legendary fighter “The Saint,” Lily St. Claire knows firsthand how fighters can be. As the owner of a chain of MMA gyms, she’s no stranger to aggressive, dominating, and possessive men. That’s why she’s always kept her distance. But the day Jax Knight walks through her door she’s captivated by his charm. Stunningly handsome, well mannered, Ivy League educated, and confident, he shatters all the preconceived notions she’d come to think were true about men who trained to fight.

But falling for someone so soon after her breakup wasn’t something she’d planned on. And definitely not something her ex plans to allow.






After reading the third and final installment of the MMA fighter series, I'm feeling a little nostalgic and sad to close the door on them for good. But while I won't say that I didn't like this one, unfortunately it was my least favorite of the bunch. The first two books were excellent for me-the second only seemed to improve from the first. So, yes, this was a tad disappointing, but there was still a lot to like. Jax was introduced to us in the last book-he's the scandalous senator's son and Vince's half brother. He's the most straight-laced of the three fighters-in fact, he's not even really a fighter but he has a lot more than what you see on the surface. The man is a study in contradictions:

regal: rough
pretty boy handsome: dirty mouthed
businessman sharp: edgy
sweet: sexy
well mannered: bossy




He was easily my favorite thing about the book. I loved how different he was from Nico and Vince, yet he still had that dominant edge to him. He likes to be in control in the bedroom, but he still treated Lily with respect and reverence.

He stares at me so intensely, I'm sure he can see through to my soul. It should scare me, but instead my heart wants to open and sing.

The poor guy had a lot of anger and resentment boiling up because of his shattered perceptions of his father. His whole life has been lived in deference to a man who he's come to learn is something he only despises. How can he learn to step from behind his father's shadow and find a way to live for himself?



Lily was just coming off of a very bad relationship. CADEN. That guy pissed me off to no end. Just when you think you're rid of him, he reappears causing more havoc. I really wanted to give him a good kick in his junk-he was really too much for words. But to name a few...

Stalker
creepy
abusive
controlling
douchebag
dangerous


Ew. Just ew. What really bothered me the most about this book was the fact that Lilly really allowed him to treat her like a doormat. He manipulated her throughout their "relationship" as well as every day after she dumped him. Even though she saw how wrong he was acting and broke things off, he refused to accept her decision and started some scary stalkerish behavior. And Lilly let him. All because he was there for her when her father died??

Caden was there to fill a void. I was shattered and he jumped up to pick up the pieces.

I'm sorry, I don't care what she thinks he did for her, his current behavior was out of control. She was literally scared of him yet she let him say and do whatever he wanted to her to avoid his temper. And I honestly didn't get why Jax needed to be "forgiven" at the end...? If anything, SHE is the one who needed forgiveness.(view spoiler)

In the end, I found that the plot was a little more simple and straightforward than the others but aside from my issues with the heroine it was still a decent read with Vi's trademark delicious steamy scenes, a drool worthy hero, and enjoyable bantering between the two MCs. Vi Keelend has given us a wonderful fighter series to enjoy-so many heartfelt moments, humor, sweet and sexy times, and drama. I'm excited to see where she takes us with her future series.



FOLLOW SMOKIN HOT BOOK BLOG ON:

TwitterFacebookGoogle PlusSmokin Hot Book BlogEmailGoodreadsPinterest




View all my reviews

0 komentarze:

Post a Comment