Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Patrycja's Review: The Forgotten Girl by Jessica Sorens



18667169


Title: The Forgotten Girl
Series: Standalone
Author: Jessica Sorensen
Release Date: May, 2014
Rating: 3 stars
Cliffhanger:. No

Twenty-one year-old Maddie Asherford is haunted by a past she can’t remember. When she was fifteen years old, there was a tragic accident and she was left with amnesia.

In the aftermath, Maddie’s left struggling with who she is—the forgotten girl she was six years ago or the Maddie she is now. Sometimes it even feels like she might be two different people completely—the good Maddie and the bad one.

Good Maddie goes to therapy, spends time with her family, and works on healing herself. Bad Maddie rebels and has dark thoughts of hurting people and sometimes even killing them.

Maddie manages to keep her twisted thoughts hidden for the most part. That is until she starts having blackouts. Each time she wakes up from one, she’s near a murder scene with no recollection of what happened the night before and this helpless feeling like she’s losing control of her life. Maddie doesn’t want to believe she’s a killer, but she begins to question who she really was in her past. If she was bad Maddie all along and that maybe she was a killer




I am still not sure what I’m thinking about this book. It was so… different, sometimes exciting and definitely very disturbing. I was kept on my toes through all of it. I felt thoroughly mind fucked too. There were parts I liked very much, and parts that made me roll my eyes or stare on my ereader in terror. More than once I had a ‘WTF is going on’ moment. That’s why rating and reviewing Forgotten Girl is very hard task… I’m not sure if doing it without spoilers is possible, but I will try. I won’t be summarizing the plot here or telling you what this book is about. In my opinion, it would be only more confusing for you and I don’t think I have enough strength to not spoil it to you.

First thing you have to know is that Forgotten Girl is very different from other Jessica Sorensen’s books. This is no heart fluttering romance filled with angst and lust. This novel is very dark, gritty, emotional thriller that literally makes you go insane. It’s like going deeper and deeper into the world of pure insanity. You will quickly forgot what is the reality, what’s the true and what is only a mirage..

Did I love Forgotten Girl? I’m not sure. From time to time. Did I found it fascinating? Well, yes of course I did. It was like being fascinated by something disgusting. You hate watching it yet you just can’t make your eyes stop doing so. Did I hate it? Yes, of course I did hate some things there. It was so frustrating and over the top… and I’m so confused as well as unable to put all of my thoughts in this review. Lately, almost every book by Sorensen disappoints me, so I really wished this one could be different.

FOLLOW SMOKIN HOT BOOK BLOG ON:

TwitterFacebookGoogle PlusSmokin Hot Book BlogEmailGoodreadsPinterest




0 komentarze:

Post a Comment