Monday, July 7, 2014

Christie's Review: Taming the Storm (Storm series #3) by Samantha Towle

 
 

Title: Taming the Storm
Series: Storm series #3
Author: Samantha Towle
Release Date: July 1, 2014
Rating: 5 stars
Cliffhanger: No

 Lyla Summers hates men. Okay, maybe hate is a strong word … Lyla intensely dislikes men.  

Her father has let her down her whole life. Her brother betrayed her in the worst way possible. And her past relationship experiences with men have been less than great. Lyla is focussing all her energy into her band, Vintage, so when they receive an offer to sign with TMS Records, it seems that things are finally turning around for her. The last thing she wants is a man getting in the way.  

Carter loves women. Okay, love might be pushing it … Tom enjoys screwing lots of women.  

When tragedy befalls his best friend, Tom finds himself making a promise to the big man upstairs – he’ll change his ways, if he saves the woman his best friend loves.  

Tom’s prayer is answered. Now he has to change. Which means no sleeping around.  

After Vintage’s manager breaks her leg skiing, Tom steps in as tour manager, and Lyla finds herself on tour with the man whore of rock.  

Put one perpetually horny Tom and one sex resistant Lyla together, equals a recipe for disaster. Or so you’d think…  

But an unexpected friendship is formed. A closeness neither of them expected. Putting one chastity belt and one lamp that is in desperate need of rubbing, to the test.  

Will the sex storm that is Tom Carter, finally find himself tamed by the rock chick with a hardened heart, or will he go back to his womanizing ways…?  








I have been waiting for this book for ages and let me tell you, I'm happy to say I was not disappointed. There's something about this author's writing that has the ability to give me the thrills, chills, and tingles. Not to mention, she can write the hell out of those hot and steamy scenes. WOW! This book was no exception. I was transported into the rockstar lifestyle: touring, the love of music, and groupies. This book has a lot of song mentions and their meanings go along with a lot of the events in the book. I loved that songs were incorporated into the plot-that's always fun and a good way to find new songs to love. What I most looked forward to however, was finally seeing one of the ultimate man-whores fall...in love that is. Tom is one of those characters that you love to hate. He's a major slut, egotistical, and has no use for women other than scratching an itch. You really want to hate him.

<


Somehow, he has a way about him that prevents that completely. He is who he is. Absolutely no shame, embarrassment, or regret. I found myself shaking my head at his crass mouth and unapologetic dirty comments. Yet, at the same time laughing out loud. It's inescapable. He's got a charm, confidence, and hot as hell persona that's not to be denied. The same way I felt about Drew in Tangled or Blake in Fighting to Forgive.



Tom is the bass player for the Mighty Storm. The hottest rock band in America. Lyla is the singer in a band that's just signed with their label and is starting out on their first album and tour. Tom is needed to fill in as manager for Lyla's band at the last minute on tour and she is not a happy woman about that. He's hit on her in the past and unlike every other woman before and after her...she turned him down flat. She has no room in her life for men. She has a list as long as her arm of ex-boyfriends who've done her wrong-with one ultimate betrayal from the one person who she trusted more than any other person in her life. It's left her bruised-the last thing she would ever want would be to get involved in a mutt (man slut) like Tom. Too bad they have this incredibly intoxicating attraction that won't let her ignore him. In the beginning, maybe it's hurt ego, or just plain lust, but Tom decides to flirt with disaster with Lyla. Maybe just one little taste will satisfy him and he can move on. But something is telling him that nothing will ever be that easy with this sexy, talented, ball busting woman with a love of cartoon tee-shirts who lives and breathes music just like him.



They both fought their attraction. Hard. It added just the right amount of angst and I can't even tell you how this book incinerated me when they finally gave into temptation and snapped. It. was. HOT!

Moving quickly, he closes the gap between us. Suddenly, everything narrows to this moment. To him and me. Desire exploding between us like a dirty bomb. There's nothing but blazing heat and sexual tension. The likes of nothing I've ever felt before.

Tom was so freaking insanely dominant, powerful, and one determined man. Once he and Lyla get together, he won't admit it, but the time limit they've put on their exclusive sexual arrangement isn't enough-it was never going to be.



He's jealous, irrational, and territorial. That's something he doesn't know how to handle and he's rather just live in denial. He's also scared as hell because the easy, no strings lifestyle he's created to protect himself is slipping away from him. It feels like Lyla's becoming as necessary to him as breathing and he's unable to put his emotions on the line. I knew from the beginning that he was going to screw up. He's not a relationship kind of guy. And when it finally happened, I really felt like kicking him in his junk. His misstep is epically effed up.

This book may have been a bit predictable, but I can honestly say I loved every minute of it. There were no twists, surprises, and not a cliffhanger in sight. What I got was exactly what I wanted: An extremely sexy rockstar book with two talented musicians who made me laugh and kept me turning the pages with excitement. I didn't always like some of the characters' actions, but my overall feelings were overwhelmingly positive. I got that elusive book giddiness when you're really fully escaped into the story and I didn't want it to end. That was my deciding factor in my decision to give this 5 stars. If you've read the other books in this series and enjoyed them, this book is not to be missed.



Samantha Towle's Official Playlist for Taming the Storm:
Bryan Adams/Thought I’d Died and Gone to Heaven
Britney Spears /Womanizer
KT Tunstall/Suddenly I See
Justin Timberlake/Cry me a River
Jimmy Eat World/Hear You Me
Lady Gaga/Poker Face
Chaka Khan/Aint Nobody
Britney Spears/Toxic
Bruno Mars/Gorilla
INXS/Mystify
Demi Lovato/Heart Attack
Fall Out Boy/Sugar, We’re Going Down
Beyonce/Drunk in Love
Duran Duran/Ordinary World
Fall Out Boy/Thanks for the memories
Usher /Scream
Paolo Nutini /Last Request
Coldplay/Clocks
Miley Cyrus/Wrecking Ball
Green Day/Boulevard of Broken Dreams
The Killers/Smile Like You Mean It
Whitesnake/Is this Love
Bananarama/Cruel Summer
The Fray/How to Save a Life
Drake/Hold On, We’re Going Home
P!nk/F**kin’ Perfect
Ellie Goulding/How Long Will I Love You
Calvin Harris/I Need Your Love

FOLLOW SMOKIN HOT BOOK BLOG ON:

TwitterFacebookGoogle PlusSmokin Hot Book BlogEmailGoodreadsPinterest



View all my reviews

0 komentarze:

Post a Comment