Monday, July 21, 2014

Christie's review: Addicted (Ethan Frost #2) by Tracy Wolff

20890046




Title: Addicted
Series: Ethan Frost #2
Author: Tracy Wolff
Release Date: July 15, 2014
Rating: 3 stars
Cliffhanger: No

As Chloe Girard discovers, there’s love . . . and then there’s addiction.

Ethan Frost is everything a woman could want in a man. He’s rich, gorgeous, powerful, one of the most eligible bachelors in the world.

But that’s not why I’m with him.

I love Ethan for all the things no one else gets to see: his innate kindness, his reckless spontaneity, his unwavering determination to use his brilliance for good. I love the way he looks at me, the way he touches me. The way he makes me forget the wreckage of my past and the twisted fear that still lives inside me.

But sometimes it terrifies me how much I crave him, how much I need him just to breathe. I always thought it would be my past that ruined us, but there’s a darkness in Ethan I never dreamed existed. Can we survive as his secrets surface—threatening to unravel us both?






In Addiction, we get the conclusion to Ethan and Chloe's story. I absolutely loved the first book. Everything about it: the angst, the strong hero, and the fragile heroine with her own hidden strength. But most of all, I love this author's writing style. It's descriptive and almost poetic style is just the kind I enjoy the most and I was ready for this couple's HEA. Well, you do get that here, but it sure takes a lot of work. I'm not going to say I was all that crazy about all the drama, but my love for this author's writing and the exceptional steamy moments kept me hanging in there until the end.

There's a strong theme running through this book:



This pretty much sums up their relationship to perfection. Dependant. Devoted. Obsessed. Passionate. Enslaved.

Not always healthy. This couple has just about everything possible going against them but their intense feelings won't allow them to give up and they certainly can't attempt to move on. This couple is like an over-caffeinated bunny hopping at an insane pace from ecstatic, to desolate, to angry to passionate. At times, it was like watching a married couple that has deep issues that are unable to resolve their problems. Only, they've been together a short time and they have huge conflicts to resolve.

I want normal and this...none of this is normal. Neither the bad nor the good.

They keep coming back to the same issues and making the same mistakes. Then they fight, break up, and get drawn back to each other. It's a little exhausting.



This all results from one truth-that one truth that neither knew until it was too late. And now it colors everything in their lives and their tenuous relationship. Chloe is forced to confront and conquer her demons and she has a very difficult time with that. She's used to pushing her feelings down and out of the way and now she has no choice but to deal with them.



At times, I got frustrated with her because she unfairly laid blame on Ethan for certain things and though she finally got things straight in her head, she took a while to get there. Other times, it was Ethan who couldn't get it right. His overprotectiveness would cause him to keep secrets from her and though I understood it, he really needed to get a clue. There was no denying his complete and total devotion to her though. This man would do anything for her. He tries to help her overcome her past, he supports her in any way he can, and he's tender and loving and oh so sexy. That's one thing that hasn't changed from the first book. He's strong, powerful, and intense, but Chloe brings out a vulnerability in him-he needs her like his next breath.



Their chemistry was still in full force, despite their emotional issues. I certainly have no complaints in that department. I loved Ethan and Chloe in all their sizzling hot moments. That's one place where they always know how to get it right. Maybe that theory about make up sex has some truth behind it. They say that it's more powerful and passionate. Well, they sure do get to test out that theory a lot. And it was definitely explosive. But then again, I always thought they were. If only there were more of that going on and less of the drama and shitstorm surrounding them, I would have been able to rate this one higher. It was a little disappointing, to be honest, but I still enjoyed those moments when they got it right. And the ending was beautiful and wrapped everything up very nicely. Despite my mixed feelings about this book, I will continue to read Tracy Wolff's future books. She really has a wonderful way of putting her words together and bringing her characters to life. I think fans of the first book will be satisfied, even if they aren't completely happy with this conclusion.




FOLLOW SMOKIN HOT BOOK BLOG ON:

TwitterFacebookGoogle PlusSmokin Hot Book BlogEmailGoodreadsPinterest


</["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]>

View all my reviews

0 komentarze:

Post a Comment