Friday, July 11, 2014

Patrycja's Review: Changing Forever by Lisa De Jong




22586382


 
Title: Changing Forever 
 Series: Rains (standalone book)
 Author: Lisa De Jong  
Release Date: June 2014 
Rating: 4 stars
 Cliffhanger:. No
  HEA: Yes 

 I’ve always let my past dictate my future, letting it paint a picture of exactly what I don’t want to be. Where I don’t want to end up. 

Drake Chambers is as arrogant as I am stubborn. A college quarterback, a national star. I thought he was just another one of those guys … the type every girl should stay away from, but he’s carrying more than the weight of the football team on his shoulders. 

He unravels the feelings and beliefs I’ve held onto for so long.

I thought we had it all figured out. Two people who’d finally found their happily ever after, but the past always has a way of sneaking into the present. 

With one decision, everything changes … forever. 


 

Changing Forever really surprised me. I expected something entirely different from what I got; I thought it would be more like When It Rains, previous book in Rains series, but it was not like it even teeny little bit. While Kat’s story was gut wrenching cry jerker, Drake and Emery’s journey was sweet, heartwarming college romance packed with steam, angst and surprises.


 

Emery is about to start her freshman year in college. She’s very excited; she worked really hard to get scholarship and be able to get a degree as a children’s therapist. Helping kids like her was always her dream. So with the start of academic year she promises herself she won’t get distracted by boys or parties. Her school work is more important than them. On her first day on campus she runs straight into hot and popular Drake Chambers. The sexy quarterback everyone seems to know. Emery immediately doesn’t like him. She knows he’s trouble with capital T. His body and crooked grin only assures her that staying away from him is the best idea.

 Emery is not one hundred percent right about Drake. He’s not as shallow as she pictured him. Drake’s wrong about Emery; she’s not that innocent as he thinks. When both of them have to work on school project together, sparks start to fly and they begin to unravel that not only were they wrong about each other but have lots in common too. 

 

 I was very relieved when I found out this novel won’t be changing me into blubbery mess which made me read it quicker. I love reading heartbreaking stories but every time I finish them I feel hangover for days. When I reached the ending without shedding a tear I was thankful and happy. Changing Forever was nothing like When It Rains I loved, yet it still was a great story, albeit a little bit on the cliché side; the hot QB and ‘normal, nerdy’ girl get together. But I did like it! I found myself appreciating all the drama. 

 

Lisa De Jong knows her job very well and it showed here. She can wonderfully play on readers’ emotions and make them feel everything: from sorrow and anguish to happiness and love. I highly recommend her newest novel for those who like to read about college relationships, sexy football players and usual drama.

 FOLLOW SMOKIN HOT BOOK BLOG ON: 
TwitterFacebookGoogle PlusSmokin Hot Book BlogEmailGoodreadsPinterest

0 komentarze:

Post a Comment